Magellan’s consolidated global centres of excellence lead the industry in high volume machining of complex hard metal aerospace components.
Components are manufactured using traditional methods and traditional fabrication: sheet metal, welding, machining and braising, all at maximum temperatures. Predominantly manufactured of aluminum and lithium alloy, and some stainless steel, typical components range from under 2 meters, such as wing ribs, small spars, access panels and prismatic parts up to our largest wing spar at 22 meters in length. Each component is treated and tested on site.
Magellan is a process-rich environment. We continually invest in new technologies that produce higher levels of product complexity and supply chain integration responsibility, providing our customers with best value solutions.
- 3, 4 and 5-axis hard metal milling up to 1.25m
- Comprehensive in-house engineering and NC programming capability
- Close working relationship / collaboration with external tooling companies and industry experts to maintain competitive advantage
- Twin pallet machines providing high utilization
- Minimum setups using Zero Point / quick changeover systems
- CNC programs run without intervention at 100% feed
- Standardized tooling for maximum flexibility and one-piece flow
- Kits set supply and logistics management